The error message "Display driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered" often occurs on Windows 7 OS when you run software or open a program on your PC. When PC reports such an error message, it is telling Timeout Detection and Recovery and the software or program will stop working normally. And even worse the error message can cause "Blue Screen of Death" and lead your PC to rebooting. So a lot of people are upset about the "Display driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered" error message and they are making every effort to look for a solution.
Causes for the Error Message
1. Some software or programs are not compatible with your computer.
2. PC is attacked by virus or spyware.
3. The CPU is taking more time than being permitted in order to display graphics to your monitor.
4. The display driver needs to be updated to the latest version.
5. Too many programs are running on the background.
6. More other reasons.
Solution for Display Driver Stopped Responding and Has Recovered Error
In order to fix the error on your Windows, the most important thing is to make it clear the reason why your PC reports such kind of error message. Usually, you can try to rely on the following method to check and fix the error on Windows PC:
1. Check if the display card has a high temperature. You need to dissipate heat or clean dust on the computer if the display card has a high temperature.
2. You should install the latest display driver. You can set Windows updates to download and install recommended updates automatically.
3. You can uninstall the software or programs that cannot be compatible with the computer.
4. You can disable some visual effects on desktop or close some background programs that you don’t use, because those visual effects or background programs can take up memory and have influence on the performance of your PC. You can improve the performance of your PC by disabling some visual effects or closing some unnecessary background programs. You can follow the instructions below to disable some visual effects:
1. Click "Start" button
2. Click "Control Panel" option
3. You need to type "Performance Information and Tools" in the search box.
4. Click "Performance Information and Tools" option in the list of results.
5. Click "Adjust visual effects" option and then type password or provide confirmation.
6. Click "Visual Effects" and then click "Adjust for best performance" and finally click "OK" button.