Urgent–First Step, Recover Files from SD Card When It Shows RAW File System
Computer and other devices such as digital camera or cell phone cannot recognize a SD card that is in RAW file system. You can format it to a FAT or NTFS format, but before you try to format it, you should try SD card recovery software to rescue the data inside first. This is a very important step to rescue all the files in the SD card. This SD card recovery software is free and easy to handle which allows you to rescue all files from a RAW SD card.
Software for recovering data from sd card when you won't be able to access sd
Software to Recover Data from sd card
#1 Data Recovery
Software to restore data off usb drive, memory card, pen drive, hard disk, external drive etc.
How to use: best disk recovery software for step by step guide
Step1. Connect the SD card to your PC through a card reader or USB cable. Download the free SD card recovery software, and install it on your computer.
Step2. Launch the software and select a module. Click the drive your SD card represents and click "Recover" option. Wait patiently while the scan process.
Step3. After scan, preview all the found data by clicking "Files Preview" option. Then choose a hard disk to save recovered data, mark all the data you want to recover, and click the "Recover" option. Don! All files will be recovered and saved to the hard disk you choose.
Step4. Format the RAW SD card to a FAT or NTFS format.
SD Card RAW and Has Not Formatted Error
Another symptom about SD card RAW you may encounter is not formatted error. Do you familiar with such message "SD card is not formatted, do you want to format it now?" when you want to access the data inside the SD card? When you encounter such error message about SD card, we also call it SD card RAW sometimes.
When SD card shows RAW in file system, one of the most common symptom is it will show 0 byte when you check the property of the SD card. What does this mean? Does it mean there is no data inside the SD card? Well, the truth is all the data is still inside SD card, so you need to make these data readable again by recovering them.
SD card can become RAW due to many reasons such as virus attack, SD card corruption, suddenly powerful without plug the SD card out from device and incorrectly remove SD card from PC, etc. Whatever reasons make SD card become RAW, you can easily fix the error by formatting the RAW SD card to its original file system FAT or NTFS. However, do not forget recovering data first before formatting.
Similar SD Card on RAW Error like SDHC, MicroSD
RAW file system is an error file system that often related with some possible symptoms such as "SD card is not formatted, do you want to format it now?", sector not found, invalid media type and file system displayed as RAW, etc. Such kind of error message can also occur on other memory card such as SDHC and Micro SD card and more.
SD Card Brands and Factories That Developed SD Card
SD card is widely used all over the world since it was developed by Panasonic, SanDisk and Toshiba in 1999. More than 10 years has passed, SD card also has developed many brands including SanDisk, Kingston, Toshiba, Platinum, Fujifilm, Lexar and Transcend and so on. They also developed different types of SD card including MMC, Mini SD card, Micro SD card and SDHC, etc.
Users That Run into Such SD Card RAW Errors
1. My 32GB MicroSD card has become RAW in my cell phone. I have connected it to my PC which runs Windows XP, but it asked me to format it. I have run chkdsk, but it says SD card is now a RAW file system. My SD card is NTFS before. How can I convert RAW SD card to NTFS? I have no idea what to do, so any help will be highly appreciated.
2. Can anybody recommend a program that can help me recover files from a RAW SD card? It is a 2GB SD card which has been used for about 1 year. The system asked me to format it, I did so but system showed fail to format the SD card.
1. Put your memory card in a safe place when you don’t use it. If you insert your memory card to your mobile phone or camera, prevent it from being damaged by accident.
2. Remove your memory card correctly from your PC when you don’t use it.
3. Turn off your camera or mobile phone before remove the memory card.
4. Recharge the battery of camera or mobile phone in time to prevent it switch off automatically.
5. Don’t fill your memory card completely.